Slow cooked Thai chicken go in these delicious and healthy collard wraps along with Thai Almond Butter sauce and fresh vegetables.
The Thai chicken here is a winner. Cooked in a slow cooker it couldn’t be easier to set it and forget it. You can double the batch and freeze half of it for easy use throughout the week.
Ingredients:For the Chicken:
- 1 lb boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 a medium white onion, chopped
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk(US/CAN)
- 1 tsp red curry paste (US/CAN)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
For the wraps:
- collard greens
- grated carrots
- sliced sweet peppers
- slice avocados
- thai almond butter sauce
- fresh cilantro
- In your slow cooker layer all of the chicken ingredients, pouring the coconut milk on last. Turn the slow cooker on high for 2-3 hours until the internal temperature of the chicken is 165 F. Take the chicken breasts out and pull them apart with two forks. Add the pulled chicken back to the slow cooker and give it a good stir. Taste and add more salt/pepper if needed
- To make the wraps, cut most of the tough stem out of the collard greens as shown in the picture. Spread on your almond butter sauce, grated carrots, sliced peppers, sliced avocados, chicken and some fresh cilantro. Fold the corners of the collard in and roll tightly.
- Use the extra almond butter sauce as a dip for the wraps.