Get out your slow cooker and try this easy and DELICIOUS creamy taco soup recipe! It's warm and comforting for any day of the week.
Everyone loves tacos, and this soup has all those delicious flavors in an easy to make soup. And yes, this soup is low carb and keto friendly, but really anyone who loves a hearty ground beef soup would ultimately enjoy this! SO GOOD.
Not a lot of effort required to make this recipe! Yep, that’s also my favorite part! Simply brown your ground meat, throw in the rest of ingredients, and let your slow cooker do its magic. The combination of meat and Rotel diced tomatoes make this hearty soup filling, and all the seasonings provide lots of deep flavor.
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 8 oz. block cream cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning (THIS RECIPE)
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 2- 10 oz. cans Rotel with green peppers
- 4 cups beef broth
- optional toppings: (shredded cheese, jalapeno, and avocado)
- In a skillet on the stove, crumble and cook ground beef, diced onion, and garlic.
- Transfer ground beef mixture to slow cooker. Add seasonings and remaining ingredients.
- Close lid and cook on low for 4 hours, or 2 hours on high.
- Serve with your choice of toppings.