On the hunt for a breakfast recipe that you can create ahead of time so that it’s ready to bake in the morning? This Keto Breakfast Bake is 100% breakfast made simple!
Mornings can be a bit of a tough and chaotic time in everyone’s home. If you stop and think about everything that happens at that time, it can be downright tiring! From getting ready for school (or homeschool like us) or work to getting everyone dressed and ready and then making certain that you’re finding a way to get something healthy in everyone’s tummy…that’s a lot to handle at once!
This is why I love this low carb breakfast bake so much. First, it keeps us on track with our healthy lifestyle while filling our bodies with great fuel so that we aren’t hungry for a while. I can make this ahead of time the night before and pop it in the oven to bake in the morning so that it is ready when my hubby and kids come downstairs for breakfast.
This Keto Breakfast Bake is one of my new breakfast favorites. Any time that I can plan and get a bit of a “jump-start” on my day, I’m in 100%. Plus, it’s nice to start the day with a low carb option that is only one carb per serving.
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 pound Black Forest or smoked Deli ham chopped
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 7 eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet, saute green peppers and chopped deli ham until the peppers begin to soften and the ham is nice and browned.
- Grease a 9 X 13 casserole dish.
- Place the ham and peppers in the casserole dish.
- In a bowl, combine the beaten eggs, heavy whipping cream, salt, and pepper and whisk until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Pour egg mixture over the ham and green peppers then sprinkle cheese on top. Use a fork to stir ingredients around to make sure that all of the ham is covered with the egg and cheese mixture.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes depending on how done you like your eggs.