Looking for a perfect grilling recipe for Father’s Day? This whiskey brown sugar marinade from Carla Hall is PERFECTION!
Is there anything better than a perfectly grilled steak? I think not! Treat your dad to a delicious, juicy steak this Father’s Day. You really can’t go wrong with whiskey–especially for Dad’s special day! The marinade of brown sugar, soy and garlic gives this steak and amazing flavor.
- 1/3 cup Whiskey of choice
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1.5 pounds Certified Angus New York Strip Steak from Meijer
- In a bowl, whisk together all marinade ingredients. Pour into a zipper lock baggie.
- Add steak. Marinade 1 hour to overnight in the refrigerator.
- To grill, remove from marinade. Pat dry.
- Grill on 4-5 minutes on each side, or to desired temperature.
- Let steak rest for 10 minutes before slicing into strips.
- Serve with grilled veggies, such as green beans, asparagus or zucchini.