So creamy, cheesy and comforting… this Cajun Chicken Alfredo is on the table in under 30 minutes!
It doesn’t get much easier than this when you’ve got to get dinner on the table in a hurry and you’re craving pasta. The hardest part is cutting the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces which takes all of 5 minutes. Easy peasy!
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta, cooked according to package directions and drained
For the chicken:
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1–1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
For the alfredo sauce:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Begin cooking the pasta. While pasta is cooking, season chicken with cajun seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Melt the 2 tablespoons of butter for the chicken in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for approximately 6-7 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and fully cooked. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, melt the 1/2 cup of butter. Add garlic and sauté (stirring constantly), until fragrant (about 30 seconds). Add cream cheese cubes and Italian seasoning. Whisk to smooth out any large lumps. Slowly pour in milk, about 1/4 cup at a time, while continuing to whisk.
- Add Parmesan cheese and pepper. Stir well to combine. Continue to cook and stir for 2-3 minutes, or until sauce reaches desired thickness.
- Remove from heat and add pasta to skillet with sauce. Toss to coat evenly and top with chicken. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
- If reheating and sauce is too thick, add milk to reach desired consistency.