This is a restaurant-quality meal that you can make and enjoy in the comfort of your own home. It’s packed with fresh, irresistible flavors that will leave you craving more!
I absolutely love the combination here of the slightly charred lime salmon with the sweet, fruity mango avocado salsa and the rich and creamy coconut rice. It is all a match made in Heaven.
The salmon is perfectly seasoned and cooked, and has those nice grill marks giving it a tempting lightly charred flavor. And this colorful salsa has the best blend of flavors and textures! It complements the salmon so incredibly well.
Then the bed of coconut rice is the perfect base for the salmon and salsa. If you haven’t had coconut rice yet, you need to make it today! It is one of my favorite rice dishes that I make all the time and it’s so easy to prepare.
You’ll Need:Lime Salmon:
- 4 (6 oz) skinless salmon fillets
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, plus more for grill
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups Zico Coconut Water
- 1 1/4 cups canned coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice, rinsed well and drained well
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large mango, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper (1/2 large)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion, rinsed under water and drained
- 1 large avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Zico Coconut Water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Instructions:For the salmon:
- In an 11x7-inch baking dish whisk together olive oil, lime zest, lime juice, garlic and season with salt and pepper to taste (a fair amount of each).
- Place salmon in baking dish, cover and allow to marinate in refrigerator 15 - 30 minutes, then flip salmon to opposite side and allow to marinate 15 - 30 minutes longer. Preheat a grill over medium-high heat during last 10 minutes of marinating.
- Brush grill grates with oil. Place salmon on grill and grill about 3 minutes per side or until just cooked through (turn carefully as the salmon will be fragile).
For the coconut rice:
- While salmon is marinating prepare coconut rice. In a medium saucepan bring coconut water, coconut milk, rice and salt to a full boil.
- Cover and simmer until liquid has been absorbed (there may be just a little bit of excess liquid in center which you can drain off), about 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork, then let rest 5 minutes.
For the mango avocado salsa:
- While the salmon is grilling prepare salsa. In a medium bowl toss together mango, bell pepper, cilantro, red onion, avocado, lime juice, olive oil and coconut water. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve salmon warm with coconut rice top with avocado mango salsa.
- For creamier coconut rice, use full-fat coconut milk.