These Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins are A freezer friendly breakfast or snack option!
These Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins make breakfast time so much easier! They are perfect to store in the freezer for a quick and easy breakfast or snack option on the go.
The bananas, coconut oil and honey keep these muffins super soft and moist. I also add a good amount of chocolate chips to the batter. I usually do a mix of dark chocolate chips and semi sweet chocolate.
These Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins are super easy to make. All you need is one bowl and some pantry staples. Simply mix the dry and wet ingredients in separate bowls then fold the wet ingredients into the dry. Mix in some chocolate chips then divide the batter between a greased muffin tin.
- 3 cups rolled oats or old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup bananas mashed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a muffin pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the oats, sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, honey, mashed bananas, vanilla, milk and coconut oil.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until combined, do not overmix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter evenly into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until set and the tops are slightly brown.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 10 minutes then remove to cool completely.